Hominsan, Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur

I saw pictures of pan-fried dumplings on social media lately so i searched and it led me to this- Hominsan. Under the umbrella of Dragon-i, another well-known Chinese restaurant food chain, there are several outlets so we visited the Pavilion branch one weekend during the RMCO period.


It was not a busy day. Located on the lower ground near the food court, a few steps away from its sister, the simple, cozy and clean setting welcomes us; the cute pair of dumpling mascots/mural pretty obvious.


The menu was more extensive than i thought, with noodles and rice occupying most of the pages, and sides and drinks. After flipping them, we decided on our orders.


HK cart noodle bowl with a mix of chicken wing, curry balls, taufu pok, mushroom and vege in signature soup. The soup was tasty- not too dense or overwhelming; refreshing. The ingredients were standard.

My brother went for the mix and match menu, picking his own combination. I don't remember his combination now but go ahead, be creative and select what you eat. The tomato soup was among the better ones i have tasted. Not too sour, balanced with sweetness.

My dad had the rice. While it is plain white rice, the meat topping was enough to wet the rice for a flavourful meal.

Pan fried dumplings! Wow! While i find Xiao Long Bao overrated, this pan fried version is delectable. The soft top matched the crispy fried bottom; filling was soupy with the right amount of bite. It was the reason i came and it will be the reason for me to come back here.

I had the Lemongrass Fried Chicken with Noodle in Superior Soup. Added sui gao/gyoza at the side. I usually order Mi Xian and here it was soft yet firm; silky. Slightly lighter on the soup but still made me slurp it dry. The chicken was fragrant but i would prefer it a bit tender. The sui gao/gyoza was forgettable.

Overall a pleasant experience here with hits that may make me return for. The soup noodle dishes for me here faired better than other noodle houses around. Pricewise may be a few RM more so.


Pan fried dumplings? Here to stay!


* Remember to follow SOP during this RMCO period and stay safe everyone.

Comments