My Kuching Journey: Many museums

Day 5: View of Mount Santubong, Cat Museum, Sarawak Museum, Art Museum, Nature Museum, Kuching at night, Taka and Everrise

Waking up with a slight and temporary sore on the legs, I went to stroll the morning of Bako. Sun was up early, monkeys and the wild boars accompanied the tranquil morning. Waves breaking at the coast, still high tide.

A painting from nature. Taking nothing but memories.

Walking along the beach, watching the blanket of mist across Mount Santubong. Being there felt heavenly.

While wanting to trek to the starting point, we stumbled upon this magnificent rays of sunlight, through the canopy of the park. You can see the beam in front of your eyes.

I was defintely under the spell of Bako because when I was back at Kuching, I could not shake the thought of Bako away. The surrounding is so serene. The trekking at the trails are tiring but exciting. The scenery is captivating. The rangers are friendly. Just being there makes you fell really on a holiday. Forget the phone, forget your work, and let the natural wonders, the monkeys and the boars to entertain you!

The boat back to the Terminal. Drove then to Kuching Utara side to visit the Cat Museum in the DBKU. The Cat Museum charges no entrance fee but if you are to bring camera or video camera, there are special rates. Otherwise, you keep it at the side or the counter. The Cat Museum is good, especially if you are a cat lover. Everything inside there is about cats! From the myths and legends of cats, the famous people who had cats as pets, cat tattoos, the cat movies, comics, cartoons. Be sure to follow the paws on the floor to follow the sequence and see it all.

The entrance in is through the mouth!

After lunch, I went to the museums around Kuching. I found that the museums are really good. It is not too huge that you can get lost inside and not too small for you to feel less informed. The building of the museums are old architecture. I visited three for the day: the Sarawak Museum, the Art Museum and the Nature Museum. I liked the Sarawak Museum, especially the remains of a whale. The Art Museum is colourful, and I liked the fighting cock figures. No camera is allowed inside the museums, and since I followed the rule, no photographs of inside will be shown here.

Behind me is the Sarawak Museum. Visitors to Kuching should make visiting the museums part of their itinerary. Otherwise, he or she is not a fan of such things.

This crushed ice stall is interesting. I thought to order a 'Lady Gaga' or have myself a 'Beyonce'. But since there wasn't stock for those, I had to settle on this thirst quenching 'Angry Bird' drink.

At 101 Premier hawker centre, I craved to eat Tomato Noodles again. I think among the others, I will miss this the most because of its distinctive taste. Different yet delicious! This food centre offers great variety of food and I would recommend this place to you if you are out of options to eat. You can try the fried durian too!

At almost every corner, you can see Taka bakery. I can't find this in KL. As for supermarket, the name Everrise will ring a bell in the minds of the Kuching people.

Kuching at night, at the popular cat statue. It's near Grand Margarita Hotel. And McD.

My first night in Waterfront, lower. My last night at Waterfront, upper. When this metal sculpture is lit, it comes to live!

Already numb to tiredness, I had to prepare for the final day in Kuching.

My Kuching Journey: Layered ending

Comments