SkyTrex Adventure, Taman Botani Negara, Shah Alam, Selangor

The SkyTrex Adventure motto 'Where the fun in forest never ends!' proves true in every word. I knew about this attraction over a year ago and finally, with some friends, I have undertaken the Big Thrill ride. There are three levels in SkyTrex Adventure: Little Adventure for younger kids, Big Thrill and Extreme Challenge. As a first-timer, I thought the second choice was the best.

Getting there was quite difficult if you are not familiar with the Shah Alam region. At the back of my head, I thought a SkyTrex sign would be there to guide us in. But there wasn't and we ended up going up and down past the right road. Look out for the directions to Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam because there is where the adventure begins.

Upon arrival at the Taman Botani, we needed to purchase our entrance ticket (reservation and payment via online through the main website) and then boarded a shuttle bus that brought us to the entrance of the SkyTrex Adventure. We registered ourselves, signed waver forms, rented a locker for RM 6 (RM 5 as deposit and RM 1 as rental) and bought gloves for RM 3 (there are used ones for free).

Excited, we moved to get our gears and later to a short briefing. This is vital as it teaches you how to use the pulley and two carabiners on the course. At the end of the briefing, you will need to undergo a trial to 'get the hang of it'.

Geared up, ready for the adventure!

After the training, we progressed to the starting point of the Big Thrill adventure. This entire course takes about 2 to 3 hours as you have to wait for the green light to move on the obstacles. Only one person is allowed at once on the obstacle and a maximum of three people on the platform at any time.

The Big Thrill adventure began with a climb up the ladder to the canopy of a tree. One of the instructors was there to time our climb. I think we clocked in a rather good time.

Halfway through the course, a picture with the gears, and me bathed in sweat. Some challenges on the course are challenging. Plus, I was there when the sun was right above our heads. Lucky to have some clouds and the canopy for shade.

I am not going to blog about what the other obstacles are as that part is for you to discover. But I can tell you, the feeling was as its name suggest- thrilling. Up meters above the ground, you can feel the adrenaline pumping inside you, wind brushing against your skin. Expect speed, expect heights.

Walking through another obstacle.

We completed our course about an hour and a half. Reaching the end point, I felt an urge for more, the adrenaline still running through my blood. Returning to take our things from the locker and handing up our gears, I wished I could turn back time and go through it all again.

Priced at RM 45 for Big Thrill, my money was well worth the fun (Little Adventure and Extreme Challenge are priced at RM 35 and RM 50 respectively). Opens on weekends at specified time slots and weekdays only if you meet the minimum number of visitors requirement. My advice is to book in advance when you want to come here.

If the challenges are not your thing, rent and get onto a bicycle and explore the greenery around you there.

Exiting the SkyTrex Adventure the same way in. Heavy-hearted to leave the playground of adventure, I am sure I will be back. This time, I will face my fears and take on the Extreme Challenge!

For more info: http://www.skytrex-adventure.com/index.php

Comments

  1. We completed our course about an hour and a half. Reaching the end point, I felt an urge for more, the adrenaline still running through my blood. Returning to take our things from the locker and handing up our gears, I wished I could turn back time and go through it all again.

    Morocco guided tours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment