River View Seafood Restaurant, Kuala Selangor, Selangor

After a satisfying breakfast at Kedai Kopi Shin Lok in Jeram, we went to the wet market at Kuala Selangor. Unlike my previous visit, most stalls were open and aplenty with seafood that one would actually be spoiled for choice, and if that one does not prepare a shopping list, he or she would end up buying more. Even the crowd was larger, perhaps due to the school holidays, Saturday, public holiday (Sultan's birthday), or all. In this visit, i noticed many tiger prawns on ice boxes, packets of 'la la', crabs and squids among the fishes. I even saw a baby shark on sale!


Done marketing, we headed for lunch at a nearby restaurant. Previously, we tried the Jeti Seafood Restaurant and so this time, we went to its neighbour, River View Seafood Restaurant, equally as crowded, also facing the waters. The restaurant looked neat and clean (toilet was commendable. I thought it would smell fishy but it wasn't). Our lunch came not too long after we placed our orders.

Flipping through the menu, deciding what to have.

Bamboo seafood was a little disappointing. The bamboo seafood was fresh but its gravy lacked flavour. The salted mixed vegetable at the background was, however, tasty. It was uncommon to order this mixture of vegetables (of which most i don't eat) but it was well cooked. Recommended.

Scallops are one of my favourite seafood. Unfortunately, this nicely presented plate was pleasing to the eyes but average on taste. Again, not much flavour but the sweetness of the scallops. Nonetheless, i enjoyed the ginger-onion seasonings. RM1.50 per piece.

The highlight of our lunch had to be this: steamed fish in special three-flavour sauce. The sauce was truly unique and delicious. It had that sourish taste to amplify my appetite. The fish was, no doubt, fresh. Recommended.

Some hits, some misses. One thing for sure is that eating seafood at Kuala Selangor is an almost freshness guaranteed. I will return to this restaurant but in the next visit to Kuala Selangor, i prefer to try other restaurants to compare. There are more shops around. After lunch, we walked to a few shops next door to buy some fish products back. Then, i had a dragon fruit ice cream (or shaved ice) on the way to the car.

What? Seafood; steamed fish in special sauce.
Where? River View Seafood Restaurant, Kuala Selangor, Selangor.

Comments

  1. I just visited this place this afternoon, I'm sorry to say but the food is below expectation. The salted egg crabs not enough flavour, the crabs were small. The steam siakap also tasteless.

    The menu have no price.
    When the bill came they charge me for 4 kilo of crabs (rm256), I only ordered 2 kilo (rm128, I think it's too expensive).

    They didn't even apologise for the mistake just handed a new bill.

    I'll surely not visit this place again. There has to be many better places in Kuala Selangor.

    Cost of the time and drive from KL to this restaurant, I might as well just have my food in KL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm sorry for your experience at the restaurant. I didnt have crabs when i was at Kuala Selangor so thanks for sharing. I'm sure there's one restaurant in Kuala Selangor that will live up to your expectation because of its fresh seafood- and when you do, let me know.

      Delete

Post a Comment