Guest Serves: Palate Palette, KL

This is the first time this blog receives a contribution. Let's welcome Edith, a food enthusiast who is passionate in promoting healthy eating, and her review on Palate Palette- an eatery she visits frequently for a light meal (in a light ambiance).

**********


Being excited about being in KL is very much about being excited about food. But caring about food and caring about healthy food can sometimes mean two different things- and it can be difficult to make the two work especially if you are new in a place. Like I am right now. It took me some time to find places with healthy or healthier food (that was also delicious) and the search was a process in itself. Coming from a totally different culture, I had some health issues while getting accustomed to the food here which I luckily beat with the help of antacids (by Gaviscon). When everything settled down more or less, I was back on my feet and got ready for some new food adventures!


Palate Palette is not the most adventurous place but i love their laid-back environment and their dishes. When I go to Palate Palette, I like to eat light and healthy, and therefore I order the pumpkin soup many times.


I usually order it with toasted focaccia bread, and the soup comes with cream. I'm not sure what type of pumpkin it's made of but it's delicious and creamy, and it's completely filling for a light dinner. I also like to order the pumpkin salad- i'm a pumpkin fan, okay?


The pumpkin salad (Rocket Salad) comes with arugula, pumpkin and pine nuts, and it's really tasty and light. Definitely a good entre if you're planning to have it for lunch- for dinner, it's perfect.


May be you enjoy fried chicken? Palate Palette has that too, and a very tasty one called Chick Strips. It's also adequate for a small meal. It comes with mayonnaise. I actually haven't seen such thin chicken strips before- and they are crispy.


Finally, for something not necessarily healthy but more as a good snack, I order the nacho chips (Chips and Dips) many times as a snack next to drinks instead of dinner. I just love nachos, accompanied by a tasty guacamole and some good salsa.

The music is also something that works really well with the ambiance in Palate Pallette. It's not an expensive place and because of its laid-back feel, it makes me think of it as a backpacker's place. In fact, i have seen all sorts of people dining here and it also works as a bar at night. It's a cool place that I frequent for both lunch and dinner, and the service is really nice too. Worth checking out if you're in the zone.

Where? Palate Palette. 21 Jaalan Mesui, off Jalan Nagasari, Kuala Lumpur.
Contact number? 03-21422148
Website? Palate Palette

Written by Edith for Wonder.Food.Travel.



 Edith has been writing since she was a teenager. Throughout time, it only occurred naturally that she started up her own blog, with the latest being Apples On Sticks. Here, Edith posts about random stuffs in relation to her broad interests. Currently, she is working in KL, Malaysia, and therefore has a lot of thoughts to share especially about food and culture.





* 'Guest Serves' is a new series put together in this blog for people who are interested to share their gastronomic experience and contribute their food reviews to other readers. Sharing is caring.

Comments